How to configure and install a WATER Alert?
You are holding a Myspool Water Alert in your hands. How do you configure it with your phone number and email and let it know how to access the internet to transmit alerts?
Please CONFIGURE your Water Alert before you install it. You will need access to internet and your WiFi router's ID and password. Once it has been configured, you can INSTALL your Water Alert.
How to CONFIGURE WATER Alert
Your new Water Alert needs to connect to the internet to send its notifications. They will then be forwarded as emails and as text messages to your phone. In order to do that it needs to know which WiFi network to use for communications. Before that, your Water Alert must be configured with an email and a phone number to send notifications.
Please note: we recommend that configuration steps are completed in this order. Note also that some pages on this site are only available to registered owners.
1. Create your account. Be aware that your account is not created until you have received an email from us and confirmed it by clicking on the provided link. Do not proceed to the next step until you have received that email and confirmed your account. Your account is usually setup in a few minutes once your Invitation Code is validated. The code can be found on the card included in the package. Please contact us if you are unable to locate it.
2. Determine your device ID. Write it down for use in next step.
3. Register your Water Alert as your device. Use device ID from step 2.
4. Configure your Water Alert to send you notifications via email, text message, or both.
5. Setup your Water Alert to use your WiFi. This procedure is described here.
You can change your device settings at any time. When steps 1-5 have been completed, you can install your Water Alert:
How to INSTALL WATER Alert
Water Alert needs to be plugged in. We recommend that the enclosure with the transmitter is placed above the water sensor so that it can send its alerts before it gets flooded. It can be placed on a shelf, mounted on any smooth surface with included double sided pads, or simply left on the floor. The actual water sensor, connected to the enclosure with a set of wires, can be placed on the floor or left hanging over the rim of a sump pump bucket if desired. The only requirement for the Water Alert location is that a WiFi network is available to access Myspool cloud servers.
To test: place the sensor in a cup of water. You should get an email and a text message on your phone in less than a minute. Leave it there for 5 minutes to get a second alert. Wipe the sensor dry and leave your Water Alert plugged in. You are all set.
Remember that the portal limits the number of water alerts to one every 5 minutes. That is why you need to wait for 5 minutes to get a second alert.
*Note: Please be considerate. Wipe the sensor when you are done testing. We are charged for sending every text message. Each MySpool device can receive up to 300 text messages per month for free. Contact us if you need to increase that number.